Aithris Rùin Sgoil-àraich / Nursery Mission Statement
Gaelic language and culture is at the heart of the Glasgow Gaelic School Nursery. We aim to maximise the achievement of each child by focussing on individual needs and preferred learning styles. We aim to provide the highest standard of education and care for our children in a safe and stimulating environment where learning is fun.
Children, parents, staff and the wider community will continue to work together in a partnership of mutual respect and support.
Amasan / Aims
To provide a safe, happy, stimulating and welcoming Gaelic orientated environment which offers opportunities for everyone to develop their full potential and promote equal opportunities for all.
We are part of the Hillhead Learning Community.
The Glasgow Gaelic Nursery Class is fully registered with the Scottish Care Commission.
The morning session begins at 9.00am until 11.30 am and the afternoon session is from 1.00pm until 3.30pm.
Uairean Fosglaidh /Hours of opening
- To help children acquire a basic knowledge and understanding of the Gaelic language by ensuring its learning is an enriching and exciting experience.
- To ensure Gaelic speaking children are motivated to use their Gaelic and support them in developing their confidence as well as extending their vocabulary.
- To effectively create a positive ethos of achievement and strive to raise the self-esteem of all learners while also promoting positive relationships to foster an understanding of the concern and well-being of others.
- To work effectively in partnerships with children, parents and wider community to maximise extended opportunities for learning and social inclusion.
- To endorse and encapsulate the main principles of HMIE, Care Commission and Glasgow City Council in everything we do.
Fiosrachadh mun Sgoil-àraich / Nursery Information
The Glasgow Gaelic Nursery Class opened in August 2006 on the campus of the Glasgow Gaelic 3-18 establishment. At presents it is a 30/30 provision, offering two sessions per day. The nursery has its own separate entrance from the school. Within the Nursery area there are two rooms, a reception area and an outdoor play area. The main entrance of the Gaelic school may be accessed via the main entrance.